Location: 210 kilometres north of Winnipeg on the east shore of Lake Winnipeg, directly north of the Bloodvein River. The community is situated along three kilometres of shoreline at the mouth of the river.
- Reserve: I.R. No.12
- Area: 3,885 acres
- Language: Anishiinabe
- Economic Base: Commercial fishing and trapping
- On-reserve - 764
- Off-reserve - 296
- Total Population - 1,060 (as of Dec. 31, 1996)
- Transportation: There is a 3,000 foot gravel airstrip maintained in the community. A ferry/ barge service (39 passenger vehicle) is operated by the Marine Division of the Department of Highways. The ferry/ barge is used during the summer months.
Commercial Businesses and/or Services:
- Bloodvein First Nation Foundation Inc./ Subcontracting
- Bloodvein Princess Harbour
- Fisheries Co-op Ltd.
- Helen's Place / General Store
- Clifford Bushie's Video Arcade
- Frank & Son's Store / Video Rentals
- William McKay's (Howie's) Snack Bar
- Bloodvein Arena