- Location: approximately 280 kilometers northeast of Winnipeg & 24 kilometers north of Little Grand Rapids, on a peninsula jutting southward into Fishing Lake, a tributary of Berens River.
- Reserve: I.R. Pauingassi First Nation
- Area: 644 acres
- Language: Anishiinabe
- Economic Base: Trapping, fishing and seasonal rice harvesting
- On-reserve - 457
- Off-reserve - 36
- Total Population - 493 (as of Dec. 31, 1996)
- Transportation: There is no permanent access road to the Pauingassi First Nation, although winter roads are constructed annually from Pine Dock and Bloodvein. There is a 3000 foot airstrip approximately 24 kilometers south of Pauingassi at Little Grand Rapids. Access to the community vial the airport is restricted to boat or float plane during the summer and by snowmobile during the winter.
Commercial Businesses and/or Services:
- McRae's Northern Enterprise
- Pauingassi Trading Post